Tuesday, November 4, 2008

November Already!!

I cannot believe it is already November 4th, election day and Halloween has come and gone! I went to Salem for a Halloween party and as I mentioned in a previous blog, I went as Waldo. Check out the dorky pic!
Salem is such a cute, quaint town and it was so cool to see how many people were there dressed in full costume. I took the commuter rail train and it was so packed people were standing in the aisles. Luckily it is only a half hour ride.

Today marks a milestone in my schooling, as the last time I will ever be registering for classes. This morning I registered for my final four classes as an undergraduate student. I cannot believe how quickly four years flew by and that I will be graduating in only a few short months. It is bittersweet because I really love school however, I am so eager to get a job and start working in the field I have spent four years preparing for. I am currently in search of an internship at an interior design or architecture firm for the spring. I need to have some work experience to put on my resume before I graduate so that I will have better luck landing a job once I'm out of school. I have to say though, finding an internship requires a lot of additional work aside from going to school, like preparing cover letters, and resumes writing emails and making follow up phone calls as well as always trying to network. I often get stressed about not finding an internship or even worse, a job after graduation, but I have to keep telling myself to persevere and keep working at it.

As for now, I have to get back to work here in the office and then head home to make some internship follow-up phone calls.

Blog ya later
-j

No comments: