Monday, October 27, 2008

Cinderella

I couldn't have been more excited for this past weekend. I have been waiting to see Cinderella performed by the Boston Ballet since I ordered tickets almost a month ago. I went on Friday with my boyfriend to the Wang Theatre to see the ballet and was blown away.

First of all, it was my first time seeing a ballet so I was dying with anticipation. It was fun to get dressed up and go on a fancy date. The ballet was beautiful, the costumes were so fun and the score was wonderful. I loved to see how they interpreted an old fairy tale into a modern, roaring twenties era version of the classic. My favorite characters by far were the stepsisters. They were very silly and quite animated, even though they didn't speak. My favorite part of the ballet was when Cinderella came down from the ceiling in a giant pumpkin. There were also men in the ballet dressed up in tuxedos that had pumpkin heads. They were quite funny.
The show ran for two weeks and closed on Sunday so if you didn't go, you really missed out on a great show. Playing next at the Wang Theatre is "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" and the Boston Ballet will be presenting"The Nutcracker" at the Boston Opera House. Get tickets before they're gone. Student rush tickets are only $20 so rush to the theatre an hour before they show to try and snag some good ones.
Blog ya later
-j



No comments: